Please read these policies thoroughly.
Our goal is to maximize the enjoyment of our renters by maintaining a fun, picturesque, quiet, safe and clean environment. We ask everyone to read and understand our policies before making your rental cabin reservation. In consideration of the monies received and the mutual promises contained herein, the owner, Diamond Lake Cabins, LLC, of subject property located at 9129 Diamond Road, Scio, Ohio 43988 hereby agrees to give a license to use the property to the undersigned, (herein referred to as Licensee), on the property and dates described in the confirmation email letter and under the conditions stated herein. The Licensee is the person who will occupy the property. The Owner is the Rental Agent.
Cabin Occupancy & Pricing Terms:
All of our individual cabin rates are based on 2 adults, 2 children under 16 years old and any toddlers under 2 years of age. Additional adults are $25 per day and additional children under 16 years old are $10 per day.
The Licensee must be at least 21 years old. Parents may not book properties for their children. The Licensee must be present at the property for the time of the reservation, and take full responsibility for the property. Small children are the responsibility of the Licensee. The properties are not necessarily “child safe”. For example: young children should not roam free on the decks, play on the loft ladders, swim without adult supervision, soak in the hot tub alone, play near an open fire pit, or engage in other unsupervised and/or potentially dangerous activities. Licensee agrees that no guests or visitors shall be permitted on the Property at any time during the Rental Term, all of whom shall comply with the conditions and restrictions imposed upon the Licensee and guests under this Agreement.
- Check-in Time begins at 4:00pm.
- Check-out Time is at 10:00am the day of your departure date.
- When possible, we request our guests to confirm their arrival time so we are here to welcome you.
- An “early check-in and/or late check-out option” may be available with advance arrangements, please inquire. Early Late Checkout Upto 3 Hours $20/hr.
- There are no refunds for an early check-out, nor for unused nights, or for inclement weather.
- From June through November, weekend stays require both a Friday and Saturday night booking. This policy is subject to change and is dependent upon our vacancy rate, so please inquire about availability.
- Holiday Stays: A longer minimum stay may be required during holiday periods depending upon what day of the week the holiday falls on. Some Holiday stays that fall on a weekend may have a 2 night minimum. Some Holiday Stays require a (3) three-night minimum stay which may include a Friday or a Monday.
- Reservation Deposits: A non-refundable “Reservation Deposit”, (excluding security/damage deposit), is required at the time of reservation. Reservation Deposit 50% of Reservation Total .
- Damage Deposit/Security Deposit: A Damage/Security holding Deposit of $200 is required. This is done in the form of a pre-authorization to your credit card the day of your arrival. It is not an actual charge to your credit card at that point, but is a “hold” of funds against your card’s available balance. We will not convert this to a charge unless there is damage to the cabin or any items missing. We reserve the right to charge your credit card for any and all damages or for excessive cleaning required as a result from your stay. If you notice any problems upon checking in, please let us know right away to avoid any damages being charged to your account. This deposit is not applied towards rent.
- Reward: $200 for group over 6.
- No charge will be made to your credit card with regard to damage, provided the following provisions are met:
- No damage is done to the cabin or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- All debris, rubbish, can and bottle discards are placed in the provided trash containers, including cigarette butts. All trash containers are emptied, bagged and deposited in the provided trash dumpster when checking out. (the dumpster is located at the property entrance)
- Any dirty dishes should be washed and put away. All kitchen contents, including dishware, snack bowls, pots/pans, utensils, etc.…should be accounted for at checkout. All food is removed from the refrigerator.
- No linens or provided bath towels are lost or damaged beyond repair.
- If the hot tub or the hot tub lid is not damaged or mistreated in any way, (please review Hot Tub Guidelines for further details).
- There is not any gross negligence by the Licensee or intentional misuse of the cabin’s furnishings, appliances, or other amenities provided within the cabin.
- If Licensee do not violate the “No Pet Policy” in any of the non-pet friendly cabins. If the Licensee does violate this policy, they will forfeit their entire Security/Damage Deposit. If there is any excessive damage done by pets in the pet-friendly cabin or on the property’s premises, the Licensee will be charged accordingly.
- In addition, Licensee agrees to provide a valid credit card and grants consent for Owner to charge the provided credit card in the event that damage and/or loss has been incurred to property. All charges accrued during the stay will be accessed and paid in full within 7 days of the departure date. A company representative will contact the Licensee to discuss any and details of the charges. All charges accrued during the stay will be accessed and paid in full within 7 days of the departure date. A company representative will contact the Licensee to discuss any and details of the charges.
- Cancellation Terms: Cancellations must be made 30 or more days prior to scheduled arrival. There is a $25 cancellation fee for all cancellations made within the cancellation period. If a reservation is cancelled with less than 30 days’ notice, you will forfeit all monies and be responsible for the full rental amount unless the property is re-rented for the entire length of the stay and at full price . If you are a “no-show”, you will forfeit the full amount of the rental. We do not give credit for early departure or for inclement weather. If a change in reservation is requested, the owner will make reasonable effort to accommodate the change, and assess the appropriate cancellation fee as stated above. You hereby grant consent for the Owner to charge your credit card for the balance for any fees due.
- Should you fail to cancel your reservation and/or do not arrive as a “no show” at the Cabin, you are monetarily responsible for the entire reserved stay. The responsible party who placed the reservation will be charged for the balance due according to the rental agreement for the remainder of the days of your initial stay. We will charge this amount to the source you initially paid your deposit with or when that is not possible, we will bill you directly in accordance to the legal perimeters.
- We reserve the right to treat a partial cancellation as a cancellation for the entire stay.
- All cancellations must be communicated directly to the Owner or Reservation Staff. We are not responsible for messages left on voicemail or through email or texts as an accepted form of cancellation. All cancellations are subject to a $25 processing fee.
- Property Inspection: We do a thorough Property Inspection prior to the Licensee check-in. We keep a running inventory of the cabin’s contents and the condition of the property before and after each guest’s arrival and departure. Please inform us of any problems, including inadequate cleaning and property damage within 24 hours of your arrival in order to guarantee the prior guest is held responsible.
- Condition & Use of Property: The Property is provided in “as is” condition. Owner shall provide his best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Property, such as internet & satellite TV access, hot tubs and fireplaces, as applicable. Owner shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any reported issues as quickly as possible. Licensee acknowledges that use of amenities such as the hot tub, fire ring, deck, or swimming in the lake may be potentially dangerous and involve potential risks if improperly used, particularly with regard to children and such use is at the Licensee own risks. Licensee shall use the Property for residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage or loss to the Property and keep the Property in clean and sanitary condition at all times. Licensee and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Licensee use the Property for immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes.
- Notification: It is the Licensee’s sole responsibility to inspect the property upon arrival. The guest agrees to inspect the entire property to ensure that it is free of hazards and properly equipped. The guest assumes the entire risk of injuries arising from use of the property.
- Guest Policy: Your reservation is for you and those included in your reservation total head count. Absolutely NO Visitors are permitted to come to your rented cabin during your stay unless you inform our management team and prior arrangements are made. “Approved” additional guests will be charged a daily rate of $25 and children under 16 years old will be charged $10 each day. It does not matter if your guests stay overnight or not, all visiting guests must be approved by management and make payment arrangements. Under no uncertain terms will a violation of this policy be tolerated. Misrepresentation as to the number of guests is grounds for revocation of the license to the property, and removal of Licensee without a refund.
- Restrictions on the Property: Licensees are prohibited from engaging in any unlawful activity or any other activity that constitutes a nuisance. It is prohibited to fire guns of any kind on the property (this includes paintball or BB guns). No hunting is allowed on the property without prior approval. Fireworks are prohibited on the property. All campfires of any nature, must be at least 20 feet from the cabin. No GLASS bottles or containers are permitted off the cabin porches. No operation of ATC/Quads/Dirt Bikes are permitted on the property. Violation of these provisions could result in immediate eviction without refund, and Licensee will be held liable for any damages to the property, contents and grounds. The Owner requires Licensee to be legally and financially responsible persons over the age of 21. The person making the reservation MUST check-in and stay at the unit the entire duration of the reservation. NO PARTIES are PERMITTED without the prior consent of the Owner; this includes occupancy greater than that of the reservation list, and any excessive noise any time day or night.
- Violators will be removed from the property immediately and prosecuted for damages and losses. Licensee shall make no alterations in or about the premises including, but not limited to: moving furniture, taking interior furniture outside, or taking the porch furniture off the porch.
- Pets: Absolutely NO PETS are allowed on the property at any time without prior consent from the owner. A violation of the “no pets” stipulation is grounds for immediate removal without refund. If evidence of a pet is found during the check-out inspection, guests will forfeit their $200 Security/Damage Deposit. We do have a PET-FRIENDLY cabin and welcome ‘pre-approved’ pets. All pets can stay in our pet-friendly cabin for $30/day. Please note, that this is limited to dogs only and, in most cases, a limit of 2. If you do not notify the Owner of a dog, or proper number of dogs on the premises, and pay the specified fee, eviction without refund may apply and the Owner reserves the right to charge your credit card for pet fees. Cats are never allowed in any property at any time. We provide a large crate if the owner would like to crate their pet during their stay. Please bring bedding for your pet, if you are going to be using the crate. If you are bringing your pet, please bring feeding bowls and bedding for your pet. Please do not use our house linens to dry off your pets. Please collect and dispose any “waste” left on the ground from the pets. Pets are not allowed in the hot tub.
- Fishing Terms: The ponds on our property are stocked with some of the most prized hybrid bluegill and large-mouth bass found in Ohio. Our ponds are “Catch and Release” Style, Private and available to our Cabin Renting Guest by prior reservation. Guests may purchase an Exclusive DLCabins Fishing Package Pass. The DLCabins Fishing Package Pass is available to all cabin renting guest for $25/day/person. This ALL DAY Fishing Pass permits the guest to fish unlimited in either of the two stocked private property ponds. We do not provide fishing poles, bait or tackle. You do not need a fishing license to fish in our ponds.
- Rentable Items: We provide bath towel sets including a hand towel, wash cloth, and bath towel for $5/set. We offer life-jackets ($5.00 per stay), golf carts ($75/day), floating inner-tube devices ($5.00 per stay), corn-hole bags ($5.00 per stay). Please treat our property with care, if the rented items are damaged in any way, you will be charged to replace them for a minimum fee of $20.00.
- Firewood is for use on the property only. Taking wood from the property is considered theft and will be prosecuted.
- The Fire Rings are placed in a permanent, designated location. Please do not move the rings to other locations on the property. Please do not start fires any where on the property. No fires are permitted within 20 feet of the cabins, as embers can easily travel and become a fire hazard.
- Smoking: Guests are only permitted to smoke outside of the cabins. We have a “non-smoking” policy inside the cabin. If you choose to smoke, please dispose of the cigarette butts in the containers conveniently mounted on our porches. If we have to pick up cigarette butts, you will be charged a $25 clean-up fee. Violation of our NO SMOKING policy inside the cabin is grounds for immediate removal without refund. If we smell smoke upon cleanup, you will be charged a minimum fee of $100.
- Personal Property: Licensees are solely responsible for personal property left in or about the property. We understand that people do forget items and we will do our best to find and return, (at the expense of the licensee), lost or forgotten items, however, the owner shall not be held liable under any circumstances for any damage to or loss of property.
- Limitations on Rental: Owner will not be liable for circumstances beyond his control, including but not limited to: appliances or air-conditioner/heating failure, other mechanical failure, unfavorable weather, disruption of utility services including dish satellite, Wi-Fi, or other acts of God, etc.… There will be no relocation, rental pro-ration or refund in the event of such circumstances. In the event the owner is unable to deliver the property to Licensee because of property sale, property owner decision, fire, Acts of Nature, or if the property is unavailable because of construction delays or lack of utilities, Licensee agrees that Owner’s sole liability, as a result of any of these conditions, will be a full refund of all payments tendered by Licensee. Licensee and owner agree that in case of inadvertent double booking, Licensee will be ONLY entitled to a full refund of all monies previously tendered by Licensee or in the alternative to an alternate rental period at the discretion of the licensee. Of Owner is able to relocate licensee, licensee agrees to pay the difference in rental amount, should licensee accept alternate accommodations. Licensee expressly acknowledges that in no event will Owner be held liable for any other condition out of the control of the Owner, or for any incidental or consequential damages.
- Tenancy: The Licensee acknowledges that it is not a tenancy for property. The property is not rented for more than 30 days, and is taxed and treated as a transient occupancy, akin to hotel accommodations. Property laws do not apply to the license granted herein, and the licensee may be removed as a trespasser immediately upon termination of this license. The property is rented on regular short-term periods, and for a significantly higher rate than a non-vacation rental. Often a licensee is scheduled to begin a vacation on the property on the same day as the check-out date of the prior licensee. If Licensee stays even one additional day, (Holdover), the Owner would face significant logistical problems with the next Licensee, including possible liability. As such, Licensee agrees to vacate immediately on the check-out day at 10:00am, unless prior arrangements for a “Late-Check-out” have been made with the Owner.
- Indemnification & Risk of Loss: Licensee agrees to release and indemnify Owner from and against all liability should anyone be injured upon the premises during the occupancy, resulting from any cause whatsoever, except in the case of personal injury caused by willful gross negligence on the part of the Owner. Guest agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal affects and other items brought into the Property by the Licensee, permitted guests, or visitors shall be the sole risk of the Licensee with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss and the Owner shall not be responsible or liable for any reason whatsoever.
- Owner Changes: Every effort is made to ensure all information on the website and in any other Owner provided and prepared material and other documentation is accurate and complete. However, Owner is not liable for errors, omissions, mistakes, rate changes, and any changes by the Owner in furnishings, equipment, bed arrangements, and other accommodations. The owner reserves the right to make changes to this document and the terms within this policy as necessary. Rates/Policies are subject to change without prior notification.
- Entry & Inspection: Owner reserves the right to enter the Property at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for the purposes of inspecting the Property. If Owner has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, Owner may enter the Property without advance notice.
- There will not be any refund for any guest who is evicted from the property.
- We legally reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.